Day 354 - Pool Day, Sunshine's spa day and a Rotary meeting

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Today the breakfast was much better and had plenty of fruit for us. The first time we stayed here, the fruit was normally gone because we are the last ones to eat. How strange! We had a good breakfast. Afterward, we took advantage of a good WiFi connection to call my mom. We chatted for about an hour, finally!

After that, the kids and I went for a nice swim in the sun. We could see the clouds coming so we took advantage while we could. After a while, we had some snacks by the pool and then we went to our rooms to take a shower. I took a nice nap while Gregory worked on getting things ready for our return. I told him that I wanted him to relax and enjoy his last days of vacation, but he said he can’t. After my nap, the hotel staff wanted to move the kids to another room and then move all of us the next day. I got kind of upset because the last thing we want now is to change rooms every day. Can't they understand that we just want to stay in one place? We suggested that they put the new guests in other rooms and leave us our rooms. It just didn’t make sense, considering that all the standard rooms are the same. When I told the lady in the front desk, if she understood that, she would say yes but you could tell she had no clue what we were saying. Gregory and I came to the conclusion that these people are super nice, friendly, and obedient but they cannot think outside the box. We told them to please try not to move us so much because we were tired and we hope for the best. Daniel said that he was going to continue wearing only what he had in his backpack and that he didn’t plan to open his suitcase.

We took a trike downtown to drop Gregory at the Rotary meeting. We went with him to make sure there was going to be a meeting. After asking around, the president showed up early and I asked him about the meeting. He met Gregory and told him that he had time to go grab dinner first. We went to a chain restaurant in the area and had decent food. Gregory left for his meeting while the kids and I talked about how to kill time.

Time flew, and Gregory was out early. I took Sunshine to get a haircut, with much resistance, but it was her only one in a year. Price of the haircut: $2. I also took her to get her armpits waxed, price $6. I almost wanted to wax something but I didn’t need to.

Gregory and Daniel went to the convenience store for snacks for the next days and then we texted our old driver to come pick us up. Gregory's SIM card had expired so we used our US number. We didn’t have a way to know if he got our messages and he can’t reply either, so I went outside to start negotiating a ride back to our hotel. Poor Gregory is done but he doesn’t like it when I get a ride because I don't mind overpaying.

I got a trike for 80 pesos which is what we had pay to go to downtown, Not bad, except that it was raining, really dark, and the young driver got lost. I think there was a blackout because the streets were super dark. and we had to use Google Maps to see help him navigate. Not that it matters because we couldn’t see a thing and the streets don't have names. The driver kept sticking his head out to be able to see the road. Fortunately, we made safe and sound to our hotel.


For pictures please click here
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KRFAPgSmqXbmNsDk9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Learned from This Trip

Day 360 - Last day of the world tour. Flight back home

Day 134 - Edirne, Turkey