Day 351 - Van from Port Barton to El Nido

Sunday, June 23rd, 2019

We slept in. I thought that if I had the beach a few steps from my room, I would go for an early morning walk. Well, that didn’t happen. Our back room was dark and quiet so we slept very well. We got ready for breakfast and went to our usual place where we can order two European breakfasts and one omelet and it is a good amount of food for four.

We hung around in our hotel until it was time to go. Gregory arranged a trike to drive me to the bus station because my toe hurt yesterday. Of course, Daniel stayed with me and we took the trike and Gregory and Sunshine walked to the station. The van was full of passengers from Spain and one girl from Argentina. The ride wasn’t bad at all. It was only three hours long, but the path was curvy. I only slept a little bit because my head kept bouncing from one side to another.

We arrived in El Nido at 4:00pm and well, it wasn’t much bigger than Port Barton. We took a trike to downtown where we started our search for hotels. We didn’t find anything in our price range. I mean, we wanted to pay the same price as in Port Barton but we knew that El Nido is much more popular and more touristy. I started to wonder why we decided to come when we had a nice and quiet hotel in Port Barton. Well, as always, we came because we're here and we're probably only doing it once, plus everyone told us that the lagoons are beautiful, so here we are and it will be worth it!

After an hour of searching, a guy asked if we were looking for a room, and he took us to see some hotels. The first one was very plain and had many flies. The second one was totally hidden but right on the beach. It is a guesthouse with basic rooms but it had AC and he gave us a good price. The good thing is that it has good WiFi that we haven’t had for four days! I was fine without it, resting and reading my book, but Daniel was very happy.

We settled in, then we went out to book a tour to book for tomorrow. They only have 4  tours, A, B, C, or D, and we know the average price. After comparing prices we went with a guy who had sold us a tour in Puerto Princesa for a good price. We are doing everyone's favorite, Tour C, tomorrow.


Note: Filipinos eat with their hands but when they use utensils it's a fork and a spoon. Never a knife -- you use your fork and spoon to cut the meat or a piece of bread.

For pictures please click here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Learned from This Trip

Day 134 - Edirne, Turkey

Day 360 - Last day of the world tour. Flight back home