Day 350 - Just Another Day in Port Barton

Saturday, June 22nd, 2019

Gregory was not happy in the room with an ocean view. It's true that it was small and dark but it was quiet. [Gregory's note: and you couldn't enjoy the ocean view unless you knelt on the bed.] Yesterday we moved to another room, next to the kids. The curtains were 
so dark  we slept in until 9:00! Our hungry kids woke us up to go for breakfast. Today we didn’t have hot water so we went to our usual restaurant. We ordered European breakfast, which includes 2 eggs, 4 pieces of bread (it was 2 buns but I guess it depends how you count), coffee or tea, and fruit (bananas). Not bad for less than $2.50.

I have been feeling very uncomfortable and itchy with the sand flea bites. I have no idea when they bit me, I think it was the day that we took the tour but I had a reaction and the itchiness doesn’t go away with anything. We stopped at a convenience store to buy snacks and mosquito repellent. We also found another decently-priced restaurant for dinner, then we bought the tickets to go to El Nido. We finally decided to go just because everyone on the tour told us that it was super pretty and because we have the time to do it. Daniel was the only one who voted against it. He just doesn’t want to ride back and forth. It will take 4 hours but I feel like we have to do it. Sunshine and I feel like we can't stand 10 days in Puerto Princesa without having anything to do. My only concern is my toe. Did I mention that two days ago, I tripped and broke my toenail off? It didn’t break it just came off and it bleeds and hurts a lot. It hasn’t fallen so I don’t know if I'll I go snorkeling. We'll see!

We came back to the hotel and I got in the cold shower, the only way to make this itchiness go away. I’m finally feeling comfortable and better. I’m sitting in my room, wasting a gorgeous day but I don’t want more sand flea bites or feel the heat of the sun! We leave tomorrow to El Nido at 1:00pm.



For pictures please click here
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6z7ChN1Z15vmHeMH9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Learned from This Trip

Day 360 - Last day of the world tour. Flight back home

Day 134 - Edirne, Turkey