Day 344 - Father’s Day at Robinson Mall

Sunday, June 16th, 2019

Today we didn’t do anything special. As a matter of fact, we didn’t even remember that it was Father’s Day until I saw the Facebook posts. We mostly hung around the hotel and did our usual, read, write, swim, etc. Gregory chose to go to the only shopping mall in this area. We were the only tourists there. At first,it looked small with only a few stores, but after we ate lunch, we walked around and found it was quite large. Sunshine and I were not thrilled. I honestly do not like shopping malls, I don’t like to look at stores and I don’t like to be inside a place for many hours but since we didn’t have anything else do to or go, we just walked around. [Gregory's note: that's interesting, because her behavior in the mall didn't exactly match her words.]

On the ground floor, we found a souvenir shop where I spend half an hour learning about cultured pearls. There are so inexpensive here that I got earrings for my aunts in Mexico and other small presents. [Gregory's note: probably best not to write that here where the recipients might read it.] While we were shopping there, we noticed people setting up chairs in the middle of the mall, in the wide aisle between the stores. I asked what they were for and the shopkeeper told me that it was for Mass. People started to arrive and sit down half an hour early for the 6:00pm Mass. I was a little bit surprised, it's something you don’t see every day at home.

Gregory got a t-shirt for Father’s Day. Afterward, we went to the grocery store to buy snacks for dinner and for tomorrow. When we were done, I texted our driver and he came immediately. We gave him a bag of rice (he had told us that he could get rice and sardines if he brought clients to the tour agency) and he was very happy. He wished Gregory a happy Father’s Day when he dropped us!

There's also a movie theater at the mall, one of 2 in town. We will go back to the mall maybe to watch a movie. We missed Men in Black by a ten minutes. Next time!



For pictures please click here
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6gUBZKdw9Q124DmJA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Learned from This Trip

Day 134 - Edirne, Turkey

Day 360 - Last day of the world tour. Flight back home