Day 337 - Last Day in Ao Nang - Cloudy Beach Walk

Sunday, June 9th, 2019

Another rainy morning. I kind of like it but it's a shame that we couldn't visit the most beautiful islands due to the rain. After the rain passed, we decided to walk to the other beach that we hadn't seen, Nopharat Thara. Of course we had to drag Daniel but we need to push that kid to get him off of his electronics. The walked turned out to be fun because we found so much sea life on the sand, which was good and bad. Good that we got to see hundreds of hermit crabs, oyster shells, sea cucumbers, sea urchins, and more. The bummer was that they need water so we tried to save them by putting them back into the water.

I was very frustrated with the mounds of trash on the beach so I started to fill a plastic bag. Sunshine joined me and together we filled two or three bags of trash. An Indian man approached me and asked if he could take a picture. I said yes, but I was hoping he would help instead! Well, at least he noticed. Sunshine said, "[glad he noticed] but I think we need more!" The locals don't care, they just sit there, playing with their cell phones. I also noticed that there were very few trash cans along the beach. It is not an excuse but the government could definitely help by adding trash cans.

After we emptied and refilled the trash bags, I told Sunshine that I also wanted to enjoy my walk so we continued our family walk until it started to rain again.


Late in the afternoon, we went out for dinner at the food stands and enjoyed our last meal in Krabi. We fly to Bangkok 
tomorrow morning!

For pictures please click here
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gpJ9bVJvTp1yYmdUA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Learned from This Trip

Day 360 - Last day of the world tour. Flight back home

Day 134 - Edirne, Turkey