Day 333 - From Lanta Island to Ao Nang, Thailand

Wednesday, June 5th, 2019

Sunshine and I went for a walk on the beach before breakfast. It was cloudy and the sand had tons of different shapes made by the tiny crabs digging holes. After a short walk, we went for breakfast. We decided to leave our cute but deserted and isolated hotel for Ao Nang Beach, where there should be more people. I personally didn’t have a problem being by ourselves here, the only thing I didn’t like about the hotel was the construction going on and the noise but aside from that, the place is gorgeous!

The hotel gave us a break to check out late because the van is coming to pick us up at 2:40. I went for a long walk on the beach by myself. I found an estuary, which is where a river meets the ocean. The water coming from the river wasn’t that clean. On my walk, it started to rain so I took refuge in a small massage business that was closed. After the rain passed, I walked back to the hotel and although it was cloudy, it was hot and sticky. I took a shower and then decided to enjoy my last two hours writing!

Well I was wrong, the van was supposed to come at 3:40 and it showed up at 4:00. We drove for two hours but it seemed longer because the driver kept accelerating and braking constantly. Since we were sitting on the back, we were all dizzy. Gregory actually changed seats!

The driver made stops along the way. I was nervous that he might drop us on the main road, where he dropped a French couple. It was dark already and I just hoped for the best.

We arrived at Timber House hotel closer to 7:00pm but we still were not sure if we're going to stay here. Gregory had two hotels in mind and he wanted to check them out first. Luckily, we checked the hotel and they respected the price that we found in Booking.com.

After we settled, we went out in the rain, looking for a restaurant that Gregory had found. Unfortunately, it was full and we would have to wait 30 minutes. We said no. I was very "hangry" (hungry + angry) and ready to eat. Meanwhile, we were looking for cheap food but the restaurants seemed pricey. Finally, we agreed to splurge and ate dinner in an Indian/Thai restaurant. We went back to our hotel and it was still raining.


For pictures please click here
https://photos.app.goo.gl/QkFGz4sHxGFgn9Zz9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Learned from This Trip

Day 134 - Edirne, Turkey

Day 360 - Last day of the world tour. Flight back home