Day 332 - Day at the Southern Lanta Hotel - Lanta Island

Tuesday, June 4th, 2019

This morning Sunshine woke us up at 8:30 for breakfast but we said to wait till 9:00. It's a vacation after all. I know we live at the beach but still, coming to the beach on an island and staying in beautiful bungalows, well you really feel like you're on vacation. Breakfast was ok, nothing fancy but hey, it is included with our $30 a night room. We can’t complain, there is no way you can find such a nice beach resort with breakfast at this price in the US!

After breakfast, I was going to sit down and catch up on my blogging but then I realized we wanted to take advantage of the nice day before the rain came -- it is rainy season after all! We put our swimsuits on and went to the beach. Sunshine and I went for a walk and it was sad to see so much trash on the sand. I’m sure it was mostly because of the storm. The beach might have been a bit dirty but the day was gorgeous! We went into the water afterward, and Gregory caught up with us and actually got in the water with us. He admitted that the water was warm but unfortunately he got stung by something and left. Minutes later, Daniel said the same thing. We think they got stung by small jellyfish, but very small because you couldn’t see them!

We spend the rest of the afternoon playing in the pool. Gregory was writing on the terrace. By 5:00 we walked to the main street looking for food. Most of the restaurants were closed, not sure if it was because it was low season, or because it was Ramadan. The thing is, I was ready to kill someone if we didn’t find a place to eat. We saw monkeys climbing on the buildings as we walked. We settled for noodle soup, I’m sure the kids were not thrilled but we were all super hungry because we didn't have lunch! The rice noodle soup with chicken was really good. I also manage to finish Daniel’s. I was so full afterward that I couldn’t walk. [Gregory's note: you see what I have to put up with? First, she's starving, then she's stuffed. Can't she have a happy medium?] We took a different road back. On our way, we found a deserted beach with a super low tide. The sun must have already set but the sky was orange and pink and we took some amazing pictures.

We walked back to our hotel in the dark streets. We passed many hotels, bungalows, and hostels, but everything seemed pretty empty. It is definitely low season. I like it like this but I have to say that I do miss seeing fellow travelers and being able to socialize with someone else besides my family. [Gregory's note: yeah, us, too!]

We stopped at the 7-Eleven for snacks. At night, I caught up on my writing. We haven’t decided if we want to stay here another night or go somewhere else. The place here is nice but there is some noisy construction going on right by the pools and the beach. It is also kind of creepy because we are the only guests in the hotel. We'll decide tomorrow, but still, it was very nice to have a private beach and two pools to ourselves. The bungalows are plain but nice and spacious! 



For pictures please click here
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wdFSwvL1RFYR2bdT8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Learned from This Trip

Day 134 - Edirne, Turkey

Day 360 - Last day of the world tour. Flight back home