Day 289 - Sa Pa to Hanoi

Monday, April 22nd, 2019.

Of course, we slept in, after all that 
waking up early and trekking for two days! It was great to be able to get up at 9:30. I was the last one to wake up! We spent all morning in the room, we even skipped breakfast. We checked out at noon, left our backpacks, and went out looking for a place to eat.

It is a bad idea to look for a restaurant to please four hungry people. We were all very "hangry", as Daniel likes to say, and we could not agree on a place. The kids wanted Western food, I wanted a nice clean place, and Gregory could eat anything, anywhere! We finally found a cute and delicious place that had everything that we wanted. The name of the restaurant was Good Luck and I highly recommend it if you want Vietnamese food or Western food!

After our lovely meal, we walked around the lake and sat underneath a tree. We stopped at a grocery store to grab snacks for the bus and then we stopped for coffee near the bus stop to kill time. We went back to Hanoi on the same bus that we had come in. I was looking forward to writing and reading for six hours but I met a talkative boy from Spain who had been to Mexico. He had been to San Luis Potosi and Real Catorce which not many people know about but it is where my grandparents are from! He was a traveler, like us, so we had a lot of experiences to talk about.

The ride was quick thanks to my new friend from Spain whose name I don’t remember. [Gregory's note: the ride was quick thanks to the downhill grade and good roads, but glad you credit your "boyfriend".] The bus made two shortstops and before I knew it, we were in Hanoi at 10:00pm. Gregory requested a ride and we made back to our hotel which felt like coming home. Smiley (what I call the boy at the front desk) had already put our suitcases in our rooms and turned the AC on. He will get a nice tip from us! The kids were happy to have their own room again and I was thankful that we made it safe and sound!


For pictures please click here
https://photos.app.goo.gl/PmHWeAMdDb9p79em8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Learned from This Trip

Day 360 - Last day of the world tour. Flight back home

Day 134 - Edirne, Turkey