Day 252- Stay-At-Home Day at Our Palace

Saturday, March 16, 2019.

Last night I was overwhelmed by the streets of India. I tend to get very emotionally involved with poor people and their needs. I confess, I cried last night because I just wanted to help all these people but at the same time, I'm so ready to leave this country.
When I get like this, I know I need a stay home day, so I had one. Gregory left the house after lunch and to his Rotary meeting. I thought I was going to have a lot of time to read and just relax, but somehow time flew while I was catching up on little things.

Sunshine and I took advantage that we had time to wash each other hair. We used a pitcher and a bucket since we don't have a shower. So yes, just like medieval times we have been taking showers in our palace that actually has a bathroom! Sunshine liked it, as for me, well, since we had the time it was okay, but I told her to imagine having to do this every week plus other chores? NO thanks. I'm glad I live where I live!

Gregory came home early really upset because they had canceled his meeting and he wanted to go for a walk. Of course, I didn't want to but I gave in. The good thing is that we went out for dinner at a nice restaurant by the lake. The bad thing was that he wanted to take a walk at night in our filthy and busy neighborhood so it wasn't very pleasant at all. Not that he wanted to walk there,  he was actually trying to find a place where he had gone earlier, and we had to walk through all the narrow and ugly streets so I told him that I wanted to go back. He was a little upset but I think he understood, at first he was going to go out by himself, but then he changed his mind and stayed with us.

I'm happy to say that my stay in India is almost over. If you want to visit India, do it for a short time, a week at most! And that's only my personal advice, of course, if you have the money to travel like a majaraha, by all means, come for a month!

For pictures please click here
https://photos.app.goo.gl/2GXxJ2PicMVmi7rb9

Comments

  1. Gregory, Lily, Sunshine and Daniel! We miss you! Home stretch! Wonderful awesome pics!!! We can't wait to hear bout the experience! Lots of changes in the neighborhood! See ya in a few months!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I Learned from This Trip

Day 360 - Last day of the world tour. Flight back home

Day 134 - Edirne, Turkey