Day 241 - Fight from Delhi to Reshikesh

Tuesday, March 5th, 2019.

Today we got up at 7:00am because we need to make a stop before going to the airport. We had to leave some of our stuff with our friend Xe because we can only carry 15 kg per suitcase. Our first Uber arrived at 9:15am, I was nervous already and guess what? it was too small to fit our suitcases. Gregory requested an Uber XL which is bigger for suitcases.

We finally got on the road and left to Xi's house. When we got there, I helped him take all our small bags full of stuff to his apartment, mostly because I wanted to use his bathroom. The place wasn't that close from the street, I'm glad he walked me back because I would have gotten lost. We hugged, said our goodbyes and thanked him for keeping our junk!

We finally rode to the airport. I can't say that it was a pleasant ride with all the honking and people crossing and cars speeding but I was happy that we were getting out of Delhi. The airport check-in went smoothly and the best part was the Lounge. They had amazing Indian food and desserts. I'm so happy that we ate there because they did not serve any food on the plane like we thought they would. Last time, I didn't want to touch the food on the plane because I had eaten so much at lunch. Well, this flight was a half an hour flight and they didn't even serve a drink!

When we landed, we got our suitcases. The airport was small but clean. We knew there was no Uber so we walked directly to the prepaid taxis. Again, another negotiation with Gregory who thinks prices are always high! Luckily he agreed on the $20 ride and we were happy because our hotel was not close. I wasn't worried this time because I had seen the pictures and it looked pretty nice, plus he paid for the luxury room! Well, let me tell you, the town was not exactly what we expected and the taxi driver could not find our hotel right away. We asked and we found the hotel down a very narrow street, with no pavement, just a dirty and muddy road surrounded by construction on every side.

Gregory and I were not thrilled with the place and it didn't have any peaceful vibes at all. It was more like a funky hostel with some private rooms. Sunshine and Daniel liked it but since we were there to enjoy nature and peace, we decided to search for another place to stay. We left the kids in the common area with access to wifi and we left to search for a better hotel or room. We first stopped at an ashram to ask if we could stay there. We really wanted to do the retreat for 3 days and do some yoga. Unfortunately, the ashram didn't have any space for us. They told us that we needed to book way in advance. Gregory had tried to get in touch with the ashrams and we didn't get any response except for one. They offered to host us in a guest house, but we wanted to stay in the ashram.

We stopped in at least 4 places and the ones that we liked didn't have a room and the other cheap ones that we saw were old and dirty looking. I was so tired and my energy drained that I told Gregory that maybe we should just stay where we are and go earlier to our next destination. I'm glad he has more patience than me because he reminded me why we were there, to get the yoga and spiritual experience.

We walked back to the hostel (GoStops) and picked up the kids for dinner. We walked back to a nice restaurant where we had a delicious and spicy dinner. Daniel ordered his Chinese noodles! After that, we went back to our room (parents) and instead of going upstairs to the common area, Sunshine and Daniel stayed with me. I was super tired and I fell asleep at 9:30pm. Normally I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing that we don't have a place to stay for tomorrow and that we have to check out at 10:00am!

I don't know why I get so tired with days like today. I should know better that everything is going to work out just fine. I should know that God is taking care of me and my family and yet, I still worry so much about a place to stay and where to get the food!

For photos please click here
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ev6XS4dn5p9DdTLNA



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Learned from This Trip

Day 360 - Last day of the world tour. Flight back home

Day 134 - Edirne, Turkey