Day 27 - Tolouse -home

Today we decided to stay home and enjoy ourselves. We slept in, had warm baguettes with "stinky cheese" (what my kids like to call the Camembert cheese) and jam. It was nice seeing everybody doing their own thing. Gregory doing research about where we are going next, places to visit, things to do, etc. Sunshine drawing, Daniel reading, and I was writing and catching up with the blog. These were my favorite kind of Sundays at home. I think one gets attached to the familiarity of routines. Back in California, we would go to service and visit the grandparents who would treat us for lunch and/or Starbucks. My in-law's house was the only place I could truly relax and take a nice nap in their backyard. The kids already mentioned that they miss their Meme and Grandpapa, their grandparents. I don't even know how we can be homesick if it's only been a month. I guess when I think about the fact that we will be gone for a year it gets me a little bit anxious and homesick.
After a late lunch of cordon bleu chicken and salad, I took a nap, the kids played with their gadgets. I proposed a family movie and popcorn like our old Sundays at home, even if it was Saturday.
I really enjoyed our well-needed rest day at home, but the kids told me at night that they felt homesick. Sunshine proposed to be lazy in the morning but to definitely get out of the house by the afternoon/evening. Gregory was going crazy, he needs to be moving. Daniel and I were happy but staying home made Daniel think a lot about his friends back home so, we are definitely going out tomorrow!
Kids enjoying downtime!

Gregorio always doing research!

Lots of spices to cook with (that was a joke)!

Beautiful sunset


We have a nice balcony and a beautiful view at night!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Learned from This Trip

Day 134 - Edirne, Turkey

Day 360 - Last day of the world tour. Flight back home