Day 25 - Barcelona - Tolouse

I don’t sleep well on the days that we travel. Even if we have bus tickets for 4:25pm, I woke up at 7:00am, which is early for me this trip. I took a shower in the first big shower we've had had since the beginning of the trip. We are going to miss this nice and spacious apartment with AC! After breakfast and more laundry, Gregory and I took the bus to the American consulate to notarize a letter. The temperature was pleasant and the streets seemed empty. The boutiques were just opening. We made it to the consulate and went through all the security. While we were waiting our turn, we heard two stories of people whose passports had been stolen. They warned us to be careful.

We came home by noon, Gregory went to post office to mail the document and I went to the grocery store to get food for the bus. I could live in Barcelona, it's such a beautiful city. We came home, prepared lunch and got ready to go earlier than we wanted because there is no taxi nor Uber thanks to the taxi strike and the taxi drivers beating up Uber drivers! I was a little upset about the whole strike situation because we had to drag our heavy suitcases to the bus stop, then the bus doesn’t drop you at the front door of the bus station. We still had to drag suitcases and heavy backpacks in the heat of the sun. We made it one hour early. I told Gregory that my father would have been so proud of him for getting us there way early! But I’m glad he did because when you rely on public transportation, you just never know what’s going to happen.

We sat inside the bus station which was air-conditioned. It kind of reminded me of the bust station in Guanajuato: nothing fancy, lots of little stores, and few chairs. We finally went outside and got on our bus which had free Wifi. We are starting to like these days on the road because it is when we get some downtime. Daniel also has commented on how much his feet hurt walking in flip flops!
Here we are, on the road to Toulouse, France where we plan to stay for a week and slow down.
Vive la France!

Waiting for the bus to the consulate


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Learned from This Trip

Day 134 - Edirne, Turkey

Day 360 - Last day of the world tour. Flight back home